These are the national organizations and campaigns working in alignment with RHAP’s mission and vision.
Women’s Health Protection Act Reintroduced.
On March 2nd, Sens. Blumenthal and Baldwin and Reps. Chu, Fudge, and Frankel introduced the Women’s Health Protection Act, which puts federal protections in place against harmful state restrictions on reproductive health. Urge your Members of Congress to cosponsor the act here through our friends at NARAL Pro-Choice America.
Through our Reproductive Health Access Network, we are working intensely in states where we have a critical mass of motivated clinicians. Below are actions and campaigns we know of that are active in our Network states. If you know of any additional campaigns in these states, please let us know!
New York State
- Upcoming Lobby Day on May 16th, 2017 in Albany, in partnership with Physicians for Reproductive Health, the National Institute for Reproductive Health and ACOG. You can register for the event here if you are interested in joining these organizations to speak to elected officials about reproductive rights in New York State. A brief lobbying training will be provided. There will be a free bus leaving that morning from New York City and returning the same day.
- Submit public comments on two reproductive health care regulations. In February, Governor Cuomo announced that the Department of Financial Services would be putting forth regulations that require insurers in New York to cover abortions without cost-sharing, and guarantee contraceptive coverage similarly to the protections provided by the ACA. Both sets of regulations are currently in a public comment period until March 27th and any individual or organization can submit to show their support. The proposed policies are great progress, but there is room for improvement. Comments can be submitted by e-mail to Nathaniel.Dorfman@dfs.ny.gov (Department of Financial Services).
- Help pass the Reproductive Health Act (RHA) and Comprehensive Contraception Coverage Act (CCCA).
- New York was the first state to legalize abortion in 1970. The RHA bill updates the 1970 New York state law to coincide with the abortion precedents set by Roe v. Wade. The CCCA bill would expand access to contraception in New York. Learn about the two bills here.
- Find your NY Assembly Member here and ask them if they have signed on to sponsor the acts.
- Find your NY State Senator here and ask them if they have signed on and support the acts.
- Help pass the New York Health Act!
- Support the Reproductive Health Care Act of 2017
- This act will protect Rhode Islanders’ reproductive rights by ensuring abortion remains safe and legal, no matter what happens at the federal level. Learn more from Planned Parenthood here.
- Find out who your state legislators are and ask them to vote for this legislation or thank them for their support here.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.