These are the national organizations and campaigns working in alignment with RHAP’s mission and vision.
Women’s Health Protection Act Reintroduced.
On March 2nd, Sens. Blumenthal and Baldwin and Reps. Chu, Fudge, and Frankel introduced the Women’s Health Protection Act, which puts federal protections in place against harmful state restrictions on reproductive health. Urge your Members of Congress to cosponsor the act here through our friends at NARAL Pro-Choice America.
Through our Reproductive Health Access Network, we are working intensely in states where we have a critical mass of motivated clinicians. Below are actions and campaigns we know of that are active in our Network states. If you know of any additional campaigns in these states, please let us know!
New York State
- Help pass the Reproductive Health Act (RHA) and Comprehensive Contraception Coverage Act (CCCA).
- The legislative session in New York State ends on June 21st! Sign the petition to urge lawmakers to vote on these bills before session ends.
- New York was the first state to legalize abortion in 1970. The RHA bill updates the 1970 New York state law to coincide with the abortion precedents set by Roe v. Wade. The CCCA bill would expand access to contraception in New York. Learn about the two bills here.
- Find your NY Assembly Member here and ask them if they have signed on to sponsor the acts.
- Find your NY State Senator here and ask them if they have signed on and support the acts.
- Help pass the New York Health Act!
- Support the MA Contraceptive ACCESS Act!
- This bill will safeguard the 1.4 million Massachusetts women who currently have access to no-copay birth control, and expand coverage. It would require insurers to cover all of birth control products and would eliminate cost-sharing for contraception, voluntary sterilization, and contraceptive counseling for men.
- Check out this ACLU fact sheet and contact your state representatives here!
- Support the Reproductive Health Care Act of 2017
- This act will protect Rhode Islanders’ reproductive rights by ensuring abortion remains safe and legal, no matter what happens at the federal level. Learn more from Planned Parenthood here.
- Find out who your state legislators are and ask them to vote for this legislation or thank them for their support here.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.