These are the national organizations and campaigns working in alignment with RHAP’s mission and vision.
Hold Your Congress Members Accountable
Families USA has created an August Recess toolkit to help people take action to hold their Congress members accountable for how they voted on efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. We need you to urge Congress to move on from repeal and to work in a bi-partisan manner to improve health care.
- See how your Senator voted
- See how you Representative voted
- Questions to ask members of Congress at a town hall or other event
- Letter to the editor tool to help you speak out in your local newspapers
- A sate event list and map so you can engage in person
- Find out where your members of Congress are holding town halls
- A guide to setting up a meeting with your members of Congress
Sourced from Families USA
Expose Fake Clinics
[Driven by Abortion Access Hackathon and Lady Parts Justice League]
Fake Clinics, also known as Crisis Pregnancy Centers, are anti-abortion counseling centers. There are close to 4,000 fake clinics in the United States, in comparison to 780 real abortion providers. CPCs often disguise themselves to look like medical facilities but do not utilize medical facts or standardized ethics. Although they pretend to offer all-options counseling, in reality, they intimidate people, perpetuating lies and misinformation about abortion care. CPCs are funded by taxpayer dollars.
Check out this our map of cpc’s nationwide.
There are many ways you can take action to help stop the deception of CPCs:
- Check out the Yelp pages, Google Reviews, and Facebook pages of CPCs. When you mark honest and accurate reviews as helpful, it’s easier for people to see what services a center provides
- Call a CPC and write an accurate, hones review on Yelp, Facebook, or Google+ to combat misinformation
- Create or join a demonstration!
Sourced from ExposeFakeClinics.com
Tell Congress to extend the Health Centers Fund
By September 30th, Congress must vote to reauthorize the Health Centers Fund or else health centers will face a 70% cut in grant funds. Federally Qualified Health Centers in New York could lose $138 million in federal funding if this fund is not extended. This will result in closure of clinics, layoffs of providers and staff, and a loss of access to primary and preventative care for millions of people. FQHCs provide primary care services on-site to all patients regardless of income or insurance status. No one is turned away.
Call your senator and tell them to extend the Health Centers Fund before September 30th for five years.
Send an e-mail to your Congress members.
Visit Make the Case for other ways you can take action!
Sourced from Community Health Care Association of New York State
Support the Do No Harm Act
The Do No Harm Act ensures that the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) continues to protect religious freedom without allowing the infliction of harm on others, including discrimination against women, the LGBTQ community, and others. It clarifies the original intent of the law and has the full support of the American Civil Liberties Union and Catholics for Choice. The Do No Harm Act was introduced in the House of Representatives by Joe Kennedy III (D-MA) and Bobby Scott (D-VA) on July 31, 2017.
Track the progress of the bill here.
Take Action! Email your congress member and ask them to co-sponsor the Do No Harm Act.
Through our Reproductive Health Access Network, we are working intensely in states where we have a critical mass of motivated clinicians. Below are actions and campaigns we know of that are active in our Network states. If you know of any additional campaigns in these states, please let us know!
- Support the passage of the Reproductive Health Act and the Comprehensive Contraception Coverage Act. These laws will bring abortion out of the criminal code and into public health law and require that insurers offer contraceptive coverage without co-payment to all New Yorkers.
- Support the passage of the Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act, a bill that prohibits an employer from taking action against an employee based on their reproductive health care decisions.
- Support the passage of the “California Trusts Women” License Plate, a bill that creates pro-choice license plates that raise money to provide family planning.
- Support the passage of the California Religious Freedom Act, a bill which prohibits state and local agencies from sharing data with federal authorities that could be used to compile a federal registry based on religious belief.
- Support the passage of HB 40, which will protect the right to abortion in the state by ensuring the procedure remains legal even if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.
- Support the MA Contraceptive ACCESS Act, which will safeguard the 1.4 million people who currently have access to no-copy birth control.
- Support an Act to Improve the Safety of Young Women, which will remove the parental consent requirement for underage patients seeking an abortion.
- Support an Act Relative to Healthy Youth which will ensures comprehensive sex ed in public schools.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.