On January 22, we co-hosted an event to celebrate the 47thanniversary of Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision with our allied organization RHEDI (Reproductive Health Education in Family Medicine). More than 80 people joined us for a discussion exploring the reality of abortion access today. We heard from the Center for Reproductive Rights’ Lourdes Rivera, Liza Fuentes from the Guttmacher Institute, Network Member Dr. Hinchcliffe, and Reproductive Justice Educator and Advocate Adjoa Tetteh. They offered solutions and actions to overcome the ongoing attacks on abortion.
We are excited to continue working in 2020 to strengthen abortion access all over the country. Everyone should be able to live, work, and make decisions about our health and our future. It’s time to lift the bans that deny abortion coverage. Here’s how you can get more involved:
- Rally at the U.S. Supreme Court for abortion access on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 from 8:00am – 11:30am. RSVP today: http://bit.ly/SCOTUS_rally
- Support a local abortion fund.
- Offer your support and resources to your friends, family, and network in low access states. Click here to see which states are at risk of losing abortion access and click here to stay up to date on state policy trends.
- Support the EACH Woman Act & Women’s Health Protection Act.
- Check out RHEDI’s resources for abortion and contraception education.
- Help us train, mobilize, and support primary care clinicians to protect access to abortion, contraception, and miscarriage care.