Actions and Advocacy
Looking for ways to get more involved? See below for some easy actions and advocacy opportunities. This page is being continually updated. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have something you think we should add.
Post SCOTUS decision: Actions to Take
- Spread the word about self-managed abortion (SMA)! Follow, share resources from, and educate your community on these organizations:
- Abortion on Our Own Terms Campaign, an educational campaign on SMA
- M+A Hotline, a confidential, private, and secure hotline for people in need for support for self-managed abortion or miscarriage.
- Plan C, which has a comprehensive guide on how to find abortion pills
- Aid Access, Hey Jane, and Abortion on Demand are some of the many organizations that offer virtual medication abortion consultations and pill delivery
- Abortion care is still legal. Share with your community resources on how to access abortion care through https://www.ineedana.com/ and https://www.abortionfinder.org/
- Take part in the Liberate Abortion Campaign
- Do a Digital Security Check-Up of your own online presence as an abortion advocate
Places to Donate:
- Donate to your local abortion fund or your local practical support organization. These grassroots organizations are working in overdrive to make sure people with the greatest financial and logistical barriers are able to get the abortion care they need as quickly as possible.
- Jane’s Due Process
Recommended Readings/Other Resources:
- Killing the Black Body by Dorothy Roberts
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Statement of Principles – SisterSong and National Women’s Health Network, a statement of principles guiding how LARCs are promoted and provided in health care settings
- Pleasure Activism by adrienne maree brown (podcast interview, excerpt)
- The Criminalization of Abortion has always penalized marginalized people
- White Supremacy Culture by Tema Okun
- Intersectionality: Exploring Our History Workbook
- The Urgency of Intersectionality by Kimberle Crenshaw
- Abortion on Our Own Terms
- Digital Defense Fund
- What You Need To Know About Using Your Company’s Abortion Benefits
Get involved with our work
Become a Patient Education Field Tester.
Are you interested in helping RHAP improve our patient education resources? RHAP is looking for field testers! The role we expect from field testers is to make sure the translations we provide 1) accurately convey information in a way that is easy to understand and culturally appropriate, and 2) reflect RHAP’s values of evidence-based practice, intersectionality, patient-centeredness, and purposeful inclusion. We are looking for field testers with fluency in reading and writing Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, French, Hindi, Spanish, Vietnamese, or any other language. Field Testers receive a $100 honorarium for each resource they help to field test. If you are interested in helping RHAP field test some of our resources, please reach out to email@example.com.
Are you a clinician? Join our Reproductive Health Access Network
Other ways to support our work
- Talk about and share our patient education resources (especially our zines and self-managed abortion resources!) on social media so your community can access evidence-based, person-centered information on reproductive health care.
- Start a fundraiser on social media to raise money for RHAP! Help us train, mobilize, and support primary care clinicians to ensure equitable access to sexual and reproductive health care, especially abortion care. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- Stay connected through our socials! Check in with our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts to get regular updates on all things RHAP.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.