Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in the Reproductive Health Access Project! We are currently looking for an Operations Associate to join our team! Read below for more information on how to apply.
Operations Associate (available immediately)
The Operations Associate, who will be based in New York City and reports to the Executive Director, is responsible for:
- Providing logistical support for organization trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Managing RHAP’s main office, including staff scheduling, maintaining office supplies, and interfacing with vendors.
- Coordinating basic human resource functions for the organization, including recruitment and orientation of staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Contributing to the organization’s online presence, including maintaining the organization’s website.
- Coordinating the marketing and sales of the organization’s clinical tools and resources.
- Performing basic bookkeeping and running financial reports to assist with budget monitoring.
We are seeking candidates who have strong project management skills, are results-oriented, excel at communicating and building relationships, and think outside the box. Candidates should be:
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational abilities; especially ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Discrete in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to producing high quality work and a history of getting things done on time and on budget, even in the face of obstacles.
- Comfortable working with a diverse cadre of staff, stakeholders, and volunteers.
- Computer literate—thorough understanding of the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM database systems and/or finance software;
- Familiar with WordPress.
- Creative, “out of the box” thinker.
- High levels of initiative, dependability, flexibility, and humor.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Commitment to sexual and reproductive justice.
- Able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a small, open office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of reproductive health care practice and policy and prior public health experience are both plusses but are not requirements.
Compensation depends upon experience and is competitive. Benefits include professional development, generous vacation, 403b, and flexible spending accounts.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, three references and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Operations Associate” in the subject line. No phone, email, or fax inquiries.
The Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all applicants, regardless of race, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, ability, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status and HIV status. In addition to Federal law requirements, RHAP complies with applicable New York State and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and LGBTQ individuals for open positions.
Supporting the work of a small but busy organization, Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) Interns play a key role in ensuring that RHAP fulfills its mission. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starter to apply and develop their skills. We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2018. Thank you so much for your interest, and check back in the summer for fall 2018 opportunities.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.