Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in the Reproductive Health Access Project! We are currently not hiring. Looking for other ways to be involved? Join our volunteer list and stay up to date on the latest projects we have in store!
Supporting the work of a small but busy organization, Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) Interns play a key role in ensuring that RHAP fulfills its mission. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starter to apply and develop their skills.
We are currently looking for an intern to join our team and provide support during the Fall of 2017! Check out the opportunity below.
Communications and Programs Intern
The Communications and Programs Intern will help shape and develop RHAP’s voice and message on our online platforms. In particular, the intern will have the opportunity to put ideas into action- educating clinicians to change their clinical practice, educating the broader community on reproductive health access issues, and increasing the visibility of the organization. The Communications and Programs Intern will be reporting to the Operations Associate and the Senior Program Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Education Materials:
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies for RHAP’s Storeand Patient Education materials promotion
- Helping to track orders, fill, and mail purchases to buyers
- Manual data entries of survey responses into Survey Monkey
- Assisting with the maintenance of the RHAP website
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Innovating new methods for member support and engagement, especially involving social networking such as Facebook and Twitter
- Assisting with writing and editing the monthly RHAP Newsletter and quarterly Volunteer Newsletter
- Tracking media for cluster states in our Reproductive Health Access Network
- Updating and monitoring RHAP’s Mobilize Page, which highlights current advocacy and legislative efforts happening nationally and in our Cluster states.
- Some experience in online organizing through social networking (Facebook, Twitter) is highly desirable
- Excellent writing skills
- Organized and manages time effectively
- Confident on PC/MAC. Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work independently.
- Commitment to RHAP’s mission.
- Sense of humor
This is an unpaid position. Although a commitment of 10-15 hours a week is expected, the schedule is flexible.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (2-3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Communications and Programs Intern Application” in the subject line of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
No phone calls please. RHAP is an equal opportunity employer.
The Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all applicants, regardless of race, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, ability, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status and HIV status. In addition to Federal law requirements, RHAP complies with applicable New York State and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
People of color, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.