Join Our Team
Manager of Individual Giving
The Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) is seeking a full-time Manager of Individual Giving who will be responsible for planning and overseeing the organization’s fundraising for individual gifts through direct-marketing, online, and social media appeals as well as directly stewarding a portfolio of 25-30 Major Gifts donors in the $5k-$30k range.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in planning, managing, and evaluating fundraising campaigns and developing and sustaining stakeholder relationships. They will be comfortable working in a supportive, fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment, and will be able to juggle multiple projects. They will be flexible, organized, and detailed-oriented. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing team creating innovative reproductive health initiatives across the country.
About the Reproductive Health Access Project
The Reproductive Health Access Project is a growing national nonprofit organization based in New York dedicated to making reproductive health care accessible to everyone in the United States. RHAP mobilizes, trains, and supports clinicians to integrate comprehensive reproductive health care into primary care settings. RHAP focuses on three key areas: abortion, contraception, and miscarriage care.
RHAP’s training programs give clinicians the skills they need to provide high-quality reproductive health care and practice a non-judgmental, patient-centered approach to providing health care. RHAP’s leadership development and advocacy programs help create a new generation of reproductive health leaders who are effective advocates in their local communities. RHAP’s technical assistance ensures that the reproductive health skills we teach are successfully integrated into clinical settings.
RHAP believes that this combination of training, leadership development, advocacy, and support can change the culture of primary care in our country and expand access to needed reproductive health care.
The Manager of Individual Giving, who reports to the executive director, is responsible for:
- Plans and oversees the organization’s fundraising for individual gifts through direct-marketing, online, and social media appeals.
- Directly stewards a portfolio of 25-30 Major Gifts donors in the $5k-$30k range.
- Supports the entire individual giving function at the Reproductive Health Access Project (which includes <$5K giving, Major Gifts at $5K+) through prospect research and major gifts moves management system.
- Designs and implements new individual giving initiatives that will create long-term revenue potential for the organization, including in areas like board giving, matching gifts, planned giving, and workplace giving.
- Coordinating and planning special events, including fundraisers and friend-raisers.
- Conceives, drafts, and coordinates donor communications, including appeal mailings, email campaigns, and cultivation communiques.
- Serves as the liaison amongst staff and board supporting all fundraising efforts
- Helps maintain RHAP’s databases, supports donor outreach and cultivation activities, and helps lead RHAP’s fundraising communications efforts.
- Supervises development support staff, including interns.
- Works with all staff members to foster a healthy, productive, and positive work environment.
We are seeking candidates who have strong donor management skills, are skilled at creating mission-driven creative campaigns, are results-oriented, excel at communicating and building relationships, and think outside the box. Candidates should have:
- A track record of developing, implementing, and evaluating fundraising campaigns.
- Experience in donor solicitation at the level of $5k and above.
- Comfortable using CRM software and spreadsheets to generate reports and conduct data analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to producing high-quality work and a history of getting things done on time and on budget, even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to work with and coordinate a diverse cadre of staff, stakeholders, board members, and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of organizing special events.
- Superb written, oral, and electronic communication skills, including the ability to write persuasive, business-professional emails and communicate confidently and effectively by phone.
Knowledge of reproductive health care practice and policy are a plus but are not requirements.
Compensation is in the range of $60,000 – $65,000 depending upon experience. Benefits include 20 days of paid time off a year, 10 personal/sick days, 8 paid holidays, employer-covered health, dental, and life insurance, health reimbursement and flexible spending accounts, professional development, and retirement benefits. Due to the ongoing public health crisis, all staff members are working remotely. This position can be remote after the crisis ends.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, three references, and a short writing sample to email@example.com. Indicate “Manager, Individual Giving” in the subject line. No phone or fax inquiries.
The Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor and is committed to an equitable workplace where everyone is treated as a respected and valued member of the team. In fact, RHAP actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, sex, gender identity, age, ability, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation. In addition to federal law requirements, RHAP complies with applicable New York State and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.