Telehealth for Reproductive Health Care CME Workshop
The workshop was developed for clinicians who would like to learn more about innovations in reproductive health during COVID-19. The workshop includes both a didactic presentation and a group discussion on how clinics and clinicians can continue to provide reproductive health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This lecture outlines adjustments that can be made to clinic and clinician practices while also continuing to provide patient-centered services. The workshop content should run approximately 2 hours. The objectives of the workshop are:
- Explore what services really require in-person care and what can be done via video or phone.
- Examine the technology and regulations that can be minimized in order to enhance patient safety.
- Discuss where our advocacy can be focused in order to provide innovative and safe care.
Before the Workshop
- the name of the facilitator,
- date of the workshop,
- location of the workshop,
- start time, and end time.
Workshop participants will need a copy of a workshop agenda to use as proof of participation. You can use the RHAP Agenda Template if you like, or create your own. RHAP will ship all the handouts and materials you need prior to the workshop.
Advertising the Workshop
You will need to use the language below when advertising the workshop as CME accredited:
The AAFP has reviewed Innovations in Reproductive Health During COVID-19, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 07/05/2021 to 07/05/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
- 2.00 In-Person, Live (could include online) AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) – Innovations in Reproductive Health During COVID-19
Earning CME Credit
Participants may earn up to 2.0 CME Credits through AAFP. To qualify, workshop participants must complete the following:
- Fill out the sign-in sheet at the workshop.
- Complete workshop pre-test prior to the workshop or at the beginning of the workshop.
- Complete workshop post-test sent out after the workshop.
Facilitators are responsible for ensuring that participants fill out the sign-in sheet and have enough time during the workshop to complete the online pre-test, if they did not do so prior to attending the workshop. Facilitators must also send a scan, photo, or hard copy of the sign-in sheet to Laura Riker after the workshop.
At the Workshop
Facilitators are responsible for the following tasks, in addition to running/facilitating the meeting:
- Getting all participants to sign in.
- Setting aside enough time for participants to fill out the online pre-test if they have not done so prior to the workshop. Facilitators should also explain that the pre-test is required to obtain CME.
- Notifying participants that the post-test will be sent out via email within a week following the workshop and that completing the post-test is required for CME.
- Sending RHAP, firstname.lastname@example.org, a photo or scan of the sign-in sheet. Without a copy of the sign-in sheet, we cannot process the CME for your participants.
This workshop consists of a PowerPoint presentation and several handouts. We strongly recommend walking participants through all of the information found in the PowerPoint and then using small group discussions to help participants apply what they’ve learned. You may alter the format to meet the needs of your group. What is important is that participants receive the information in a format that will meet the objectives of the workshop.
RHAP will provide you with the materials and resources you need for the workshop. The contents of the materials are outlined below, and the RHAP materials are hyperlinked for you to look through.
HANDOUTS (PACKETS FOR PARTICIPANTS CAN BE PROVIDED BY RHAP)
- Depo-Provera Sub-Q User Guide
- IUD Self-Removal Fact Sheet
- IUD After Childbirth Fact Sheet
- Your Birth Control Choices Fact Sheet
- Protocol for Medication Abortion Using Mifepristone and Misoprostol
- Medication Abortion FAQs
- Sam’s Medication Abortion Zine
- How to Use Medication Abortion Pills Fact Sheet
- How to Use Misoprostol-Only for a Medication Abortion Fact Sheet
- Phone Triage Call: Bleeding with Medication Abortion
- Protocol for Ectopic Pregnancy Treatment
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.