RHAP Responds to SCOTUS leak
May 20, 2022
We have been preparing for the potential outcomes of the Supreme Court’s decision in the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case. Nevertheless, reading the leaked opinion that showed the Supreme Court is ready to overturn Roe v Wade was devastating. We are outraged and are in solidarity with clinicians who provide abortion care, clinic staff, abortion funds, practical support organizations, reproductive justice advocates, and, mostly importantly, people who have abortions.
Until we actually see an official final opinion, abortion is still legal in the United States. Here’s what you can do right now:
- Support your local abortion fund.
- If you work in primary care, join our Reproductive Health Access Network, to work both nationally and in your community to expand access to sexual and reproductive health care.
- Today at 5pm, national organizations are calling on people to show up at courthouses, statehouses, and town squares. If you’re in D.C., please join the gathering on the steps of the Supreme Court. . Some are happening today: https://act.womensmarch.com/sign/roe-rally-pledge/
- Take part in the Liberate Abortion campaign.
- M+A Hotline: a confidential, private and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- If you have questions about self-managed abortion and the law, @ifwhenhow can help. The Repro Legal Helpline is a free, confidential source for legal advice and information on self-managed abortion. Visit ReproLegalHelpline.org or call 844-868-2812.
- INeedAnA.com: Find a clinic – to find vetted, up to date, and personalized info on how to get an abortion ; no search or user data saved.
The Reproductive Health Access Project is committed to training, supporting, and mobilizing primary care clinicians to ensure equitable access to sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion. We are holding space to support our national community of primary care clinicians to face whatever challenges lie ahead.
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.