COVID-19 Reproductive Health Care Resources
We are here to support clinicians and health care workers working to maintain access to reproductive health care for patients across the country throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Below are resources compiled from RHAP, partners, and outside entities that can support your work as reproductive health care providers during this time.
If you have a resource you would like us to include or create, or if you have questions or resources that you are looking for, please reach out to Jordan Silverman at email@example.com. Please feel free to use and adapt RHAP resources according to our copyright.
Birth Control: Providing No-Touch Care
- Patients pick up sub-q depo (104mg) to inject at home, slightly different formulation than what is used in the office.
- Pfizer’s labeling guide, also includes instructions/illustrations.
- How to give yourself a hormone injection: patient instructions
Electronic Health Record for Contraception Care Visit: Contraceptive Pearl with template
Prioritization of in-person and virtual visits for family planning during COVID-19: A decision-making guide for staff by the Family Planning National Training Center (FPNTC)
Abortion: Providing No-Touch Care
Telephone Follow-up for Medication Abortion and Evidence
- Chen MJ, Rounds KM, Creinin MD, Cansino C, Hou MY. Comparing office and telephone follow-up after medical abortion. Contraception. 2016.
- Perriera LK, Reeves MF, Chen BA, Hohmann HL, Hayes J, Creinin MD. Feasibility of telephone follow-up after medical abortion. Contraception. 2010.
Guidance for Providers Offering Misoprostol-Alone for Abortion Amidst COVID-19: A resource developed by Gynuity Health Projects and CEDES, in collaboration with ASAP, CLACAI, REDAAS and Women Help Women
Early Pregnancy Loss: Providing No-Touch Care
Ectopic Pregnancy: Providing No-Touch Care
Guidelines for Clinics
COVID-19 Guidance Adapted from NAF: Nurses for Sexual and Reproductive Health Newsletter Medical Update
Society of Family Planning Interim Clinical Recommendations: Contraceptive Provision when Healthcare Access is Restricted due to Pandemic Response
Billing for Telehealth Visits
Other Resources for Clinicians
RHAP Slide Deck: Innovations in Reproductive Health During the Time of COVID-19
- Compiled guidance and resources for clinicians and health care facilities on providing care during COVID-19. Focused on NYC clinicians and facilities, but also has NY State and Federal guidance, as well.
Telemedicine Resources & Best Practices
HHS.gov – OCR Announces Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications During the COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency, March 17, 2020.
Hollander J, Carr BG. Perspective: Virtually Perfect? Telemedicine for COVID-19. New England Journal of Medicine. March 2020.
Weigel G, Frederiksen B, Ranji U, Salganicoff A. Telemedicine in Sexual and Reproductive Health. KFF. November 2019.
Resources from Partners
Make a donation
Your gift allows us to train and support health care providers across the United States so they can offer patients compassionate and comprehensive care.